How we’re keeping you safe
At Costa Coffee, our number one priority remains the safety of our team members and customers, and we want to make sure you feel safe when visiting our stores. We continue to follow all Government guidelines when safely serving you your favourite Costa coffee.
To find a store near you check our Store Locator.
What to expect in our stores
We have invested millions of pounds in enhanced safety measures for our customers and team members, and many of these measures remain in place.
- Our teams continue to follow enhanced hygiene and safety processes and you will see Perspex counter screens, Drive-Thru lane shelves, and hand sanitiser stations in our stores.
- Customers and team members in England are not legally required to wear a face covering when in our stores. However, we know that for many people face coverings continue to provide comfort when they are in public places. We therefore ask for your continued support and respect for those that choose to wear a face covering or would like some additional space when in stores.
- In Scotland face coverings remain mandatory for customers and team members, unless exempt, and we are legally required to request contact details of customers using our seating areas in support of NHS contact tracing services.
- In Wales face coverings remain mandatory for customers and team members, unless exempt, and we are legally required to request contact details of customers using our seating areas in support of NHS contact tracing. We also ask that customers following social distancing rules of 2-meters and do not meet in a Costa store with more than 5 other people.
How we’re continuing to keep our store teams and customers safe
- We’re sanitising surfaces and tables frequently and washing our hands every 30 minutes as a minimum.
- We have hand sanitiser stations placed near every store entrance for customers to use.
- We have designated pick-up points for delivery and Click & Collect collections and are regularly sanitising the pick-up point. Deliveries can be made via Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Just Eat.
- In our Drive-Thru lanes, we continue to use our extendable shelves to pass orders to customers with minimal contact.
- You can also enjoy your favourite barista-quality Costa Express drinks without touching the machine’s screen, through our contactless ordering feature on our mobile phone app. Download our app to get started and find your nearest machine, then scan the QR code on the Costa machine screen to place your order once your phone is connected.
Our teams are working hard to serve you your favourite coffee. We support a zero-tolerance approach to any abuse directed towards our store teams or other customers.